Today we have made a donation to the Frankie Manning Foundation.
The mission of the Frankie Manning Foundation is to carry on the work and the spirit of Frankie Manning in spreading the culture and joy of the Lindy Hop.
In order to fulfill its mission, the foundation focuses on the following core pillars:
1. Ensuring the Stories of Frankie Manning and the Savoy Ballroom Are Appropriately Preserved and Presented
- Presentations of panel discussions on Frankie Manning and the Savoy Ballroom
- Preservation of Frankie’s personal collection of historically significant memorabilia and artifacts in research institutions, cultural centers, and libraries
- Establishment and maintenance of video archives
2. Building, Connecting, and Supporting the Lindy Hop Community
- Supporting programs for youth, Black dancers, international dancers, and developing communities
- Raising funds for our elders and community needs
- Hosting, co-hosting, and supporting events and celebrations
- Presenting panels, talks, and media
3. Preserving and Presenting the Full History of the Lindy Hop
- Supporting cultural and academic research
- Supporting documentary films, articles, and books
- Preserving memorabilia
Click here to donate and learn more – https://www.frankiemanningfoundation.org/support-fmf/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.